This work is on acquisition and management of serials in Imo state university library Owerri. The research was centered on the acquisition, storage, utilization and management of serials and their attendant problems involved in the Imo state academic library. The research employed the survey method of research, using questionnaires, interview schedules and direct observation to collect data. Apart from the methodology and procedures of investigation. Which were given the presentation, analysis and interaction, the findings were also done, data was analyzed using simple percentages.
Results gotten should that the acquisition, storage and utilization of serial were affected by inadequate funding, inadequate accommodation, lack of storage facilities and inadequate number of personnel. The researcher recommended that the perspective authorities involved should ensure of adequate funding of the serials department, provision of adequate accommodation, formulating well thought out storage policy and recruiting enough personnel in the section. Recommendations for further studies were also made. The researcher is of the view that these recommend actions will help to alleviate the serials management problems if they are implemented.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of contents
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the study
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Research questions
1.5 Scope of the study
1.6 Significance of the study
1.7 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature review
2.2 Importance and use of serial
2.3 Practical and techniques of serials management
2.4 Selection methods
2.5 Acquisition and management of serials
2.6 Book and bibliography control preservation, storage and retrieval
3.0 Research methodology
3.1 Types of data required
3.2 Instrument for data collection
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Method of data analysis
3.5 Presentation of instruments.
3.6 Method of data analysis
4.0 Interpretation and analysis of data
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and recommendation
5.1 Summary of findings
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word.
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 03). Acquisition And Management Of Serial In Academic Libraries In Imo State (a Case Study Of Imo State University Library).. Afribary.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/1038/acquisition-and-management-of-serial-in-academic-libraries-in-imo-state-a-case-study-of-imo-state-university-library
"Acquisition And Management Of Serial In Academic Libraries In Imo State (a Case Study Of Imo State University Library)." Afribary.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/1038/acquisition-and-management-of-serial-in-academic-libraries-in-imo-state-a-case-study-of-imo-state-university-library>.
"Acquisition And Management Of Serial In Academic Libraries In Imo State (a Case Study Of Imo State University Library).." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/1038/acquisition-and-management-of-serial-in-academic-libraries-in-imo-state-a-case-study-of-imo-state-university-library>.
"Acquisition And Management Of Serial In Academic Libraries In Imo State (a Case Study Of Imo State University Library).." Afribary.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/1038/acquisition-and-management-of-serial-in-academic-libraries-in-imo-state-a-case-study-of-imo-state-university-library.
- Related Works
- Choosing Librarianship As A Career Choice By Secondary School Students (a Case Study Of Some Selected Secondary Schools In Lokoja Metropolis)
- Ways For Generating Additional Income In Academic Libraries (a Case Study Of Alvan Ikoke Federal College Of Education Library Owerri)
- The Place Of Ict In The Development Of Nigerian Public Libraries
- The Effects Of Poor Funding Of Public Libaries In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Imo State Public Library Owerri)
- Strategies For Effective Management Of College Library Resources (a Case Study Of A.i.f.c.e. Owerri)
- Problems Of Book Acquisition In Academic Libraries In Imo State (a Case Study Of Imo State Univeristy Owerri (imsu))
- The Role Of Ict In The Of Reference Services To Library Users In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Imo State Library)
- The Impact Of Public Library Services To The People Of Kaduna State
- Challenges In The Education And Training Of Library And Information Science Students In Nigerian
- Strategies For Combating Book Theft And Vandalism In Academic Libraries (a Case Study Of Futo Library)