This work is on acquisition and management of serials in Imo state university library Owerri. The research was centered on the acquisition, storage, utilization and management of serials and their attendant problems involved in the Imo state academic library. The research employed the survey method of research, using questionnaires, interview schedules and direct observation to collect data. Apart from the methodology and procedures of investigation. Which were given the presentation, analysis and interaction, the findings were also done, data was analyzed using simple percentages.
Results gotten should that the acquisition, storage and utilization of serial were affected by inadequate funding, inadequate accommodation, lack of storage facilities and inadequate number of personnel. The researcher recommended that the perspective authorities involved should ensure of adequate funding of the serials department, provision of adequate accommodation, formulating well thought out storage policy and recruiting enough personnel in the section. Recommendations for further studies were also made. The researcher is of the view that these recommend actions will help to alleviate the serials management problems if they are implemented.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of contents
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the study
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Research questions
1.5 Scope of the study
1.6 Significance of the study
1.7 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature review
2.2 Importance and use of serial
2.3 Practical and techniques of serials management
2.4 Selection methods
2.5 Acquisition and management of serials
2.6 Book and bibliography control preservation, storage and retrieval
3.0 Research methodology
3.1 Types of data required
3.2 Instrument for data collection
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Method of data analysis
3.5 Presentation of instruments.
3.6 Method of data analysis
4.0 Interpretation and analysis of data
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and recommendation
5.1 Summary of findings
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 03). Acquisition And Management Of Serial In Academic Libraries In Imo State (a Case Study Of Imo State University Library).. Afribary.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/1038/acquisition-and-management-of-serial-in-academic-libraries-in-imo-state-a-case-study-of-imo-state-university-library
"Acquisition And Management Of Serial In Academic Libraries In Imo State (a Case Study Of Imo State University Library)." Afribary.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/1038/acquisition-and-management-of-serial-in-academic-libraries-in-imo-state-a-case-study-of-imo-state-university-library>.
"Acquisition And Management Of Serial In Academic Libraries In Imo State (a Case Study Of Imo State University Library).." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/1038/acquisition-and-management-of-serial-in-academic-libraries-in-imo-state-a-case-study-of-imo-state-university-library>.
"Acquisition And Management Of Serial In Academic Libraries In Imo State (a Case Study Of Imo State University Library).." Afribary.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/1038/acquisition-and-management-of-serial-in-academic-libraries-in-imo-state-a-case-study-of-imo-state-university-library.
- Related Works
- The Place Of Ict In The Development Of Nigerian Public Libraries
- Problems Of Selection And Acquisition Of Legal Materials (a Case Study Imo State Judiciary Library Owerri)
- A Study Of The Problems Of Private Libraries In Nigerian (a Case Study Faith Foundation Library Aba Department Of Information Science)
- The Use Of Information And Communication Technology (ict) In Academic Libraries In Nigeria: A Case Study Of Covenant University Library Ota, Nigeria
- Strategies For Effective Management Of College Library Resources (a Case Study Of A.i.f.c.e. Owerri)
- Strategies For Combating Book Theft And Vandalism In Academic Libraries (a Case Study Of Futo Library)
- Students’ Attitude To Cataloguing And Classification In An Academic Institution (the Case Of Federal Polytechnic Offa)
- The Impact Of Information And Communication Technology (ict) In Nigerian University Libraries
- Choosing Librarianship As A Career Choice By Secondary School Students (a Case Study Of Some Selected Secondary Schools In Lokoja Metropolis)
- The Relevance Of Ict In Modern Library Setting Of Information And Communication Technology Facilities In Academic (a Case Study Of Federal University Of Technology Library Owerri)