The candle mould has twenty four (24) holes which could produce twenty four (24) quality candle sticks
Aluminum, a non ferrous metal was used as the construction material for the mould the type of casting technique used was green sand mould method.
In the process of moulding the pattern was placed in the flask which contained the green sand. The flask was turned upside down and the reverse side of the pattern was formed. This part is called the positive part, the other part of the pattern formed on the moist sand is called the negative part, the two parts were then joint together to form the cope and the drag.
A gate or opening was provided for the pouring of the molten aluminum into the mould. Gases and fumes were able to escape through the vents.
It was ensured that the molten aluminum filled all parts of the mould with the least delay. All part of the candle mould were machined after casting to get a perfect exterior and interior surface finish.
The fabrication of the candle mould cost seven thousand (N7,000) naira for both material and labour.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
2.0 Literature review
2.1 Theory of casting processes in the construction of the candle mould
2.2 Properties of sand mould
3.0 Materials of fabrication
3.1 Selection of aluminum as a construction raw material
3.2 Treatment of aluminum prior to casting.
3.3 Fabrication test
4.0 Plug preparation
4.1 Fabrication procedure
4.2 Materials use for the contraction of candle mould
4.3 Purification of aluminum
4.4 Constructions method
4.5 Machining operation
4.6 Safety precaution
5.0 Method of operation
5.1 Quality control measures
5.2 Care and maintenance of the candle mould
6.0 Cost analysis
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 03). Fabrication Of Candle Mould With Twenty Four (24) Holes.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/1102/fabrication-of-candle-mould-with-twenty-four-24-holes
"Fabrication Of Candle Mould With Twenty Four (24) Holes." Afribary.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/1102/fabrication-of-candle-mould-with-twenty-four-24-holes>.
"Fabrication Of Candle Mould With Twenty Four (24) Holes.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/1102/fabrication-of-candle-mould-with-twenty-four-24-holes>.
"Fabrication Of Candle Mould With Twenty Four (24) Holes.." Afribary.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/1102/fabrication-of-candle-mould-with-twenty-four-24-holes.
- Related Works
- Industrial Waste Water Treatement Technology In Petroleum And Chemcial Industrial
- Effect Of Particle Size On Oil Yield Using Scent Bean Seed (‘ozaki’).
- The Kinetic Study On Hydrolysis Of Cellulose (saw-dust)
- Optimization Of Adsorption Condition For The Removal Of Methylene Blue Dye Using Conventionally Activated Hamburger Seed Sheel
- The Construction Of 5 Liter Electric Kettle
- Production Of Alkali Using Local Raw Material (palm Inforescence)
- Construction Of Office Table And Chairs
- Head Loses In Horizontal And Vertical Orificemeter A Comparative Evaluation And Analyses With Apllication Of Statistical Method Of Data Reliability
- Assessment Of The Phytochemical Constituents And Proximate Composition Of African Peer.
- Production Of Wood Adhesive