In several quarters, there have been allegation making round, that state governments use their state Broadcast media as propaganda machinery. The focus is to investigate such allegation using Rivers State Broadcasting Service (RSBS) radio/TV as a case study. The study was based on critical theory by staurt Hall. The theory views the means by which the â€œhaves of society gain the willing support of the â€œhave notsâ€ to maintain the status quo. The study uses empirical method observing the five chapters structural arrangement, with each chapter assigned a specific role to play for the overall success of producing a reliable result. The researcher consulted relevant literature to raise secondary data while survey method was used to generate primary data for analysis. The data generated using questionnaire techniques were tested using chi-share goodness of fit test formular. Data were presented in tables and extensively discussed to enable the researcher draw his conclusion and make some recommendations. The researcher though did not find Rivers state government using itâ€™s broadcast outfits as propaganda machinery, but strongly recommends that the management of the broadcast stations should overhaul itâ€™s programmes in order to drop those perceived by the media audiences as sycophantic, wherein presenters use them to sing praises for
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the study
1.3 Objectives of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Research hypotheses
1.7 Definitions of terms
1.8 Assumptions of the study
1.9 Limitation of the study
2.1 Sources of literature
2.2 Review of the literature
2.3 Theoretical framework
2.4 Summary of the literature reviewed
3.1 The research design
3.2 Area of the study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Research sample and sampling techniques
3.5 Instrument used for data collection
3.6 Data collection
3.7 Data analysis
PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
4.1 Data presentation and analysis
4.2 Hypothesis testing 50
4.3 Discussion of findings
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS ON FURTHER STUDIES.
5.3 Recommendations on further studies 62
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 10). The Use Of State Broadcast Media As Propaganda Machinery By State Government.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 10, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/1828/the-use-of-state-broadcast-media-as-propaganda-machinery-by-state-government
"The Use Of State Broadcast Media As Propaganda Machinery By State Government." Afribary.com. 10 2013. 2013. 10 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/1828/the-use-of-state-broadcast-media-as-propaganda-machinery-by-state-government>.
"The Use Of State Broadcast Media As Propaganda Machinery By State Government.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 10 2013. Web. 10 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/1828/the-use-of-state-broadcast-media-as-propaganda-machinery-by-state-government>.
"The Use Of State Broadcast Media As Propaganda Machinery By State Government.." Afribary.com. 10, 2013. Accessed 10, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/1828/the-use-of-state-broadcast-media-as-propaganda-machinery-by-state-government.
- Related Works
- The Role Of Broadcast Media In Woman Political Empowerment In Nigeria (a Study Of Federal Radio Corporation Of Nigeria Nta, Enugu
- Public Relations As A Managerial Tool In Business Organization (a Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc. Enugu).
- Marketing Of Video Club Services In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Omega Video Club Service)
- Comparative Analysis Of The Roles Of Mass Communication And Interpersonal Communication In Rural Development: (a Case Study Of Obeaga I8n Awgu Local Government Area, Enugu State).
- Television Viewing Habits Of Nigerian Elites. A Case Study Of Enugu Metropolis
- Role Of Frcn In Propagating Culture In Nigeria (a Study Of Abatete Idemili South L.g.a In Anambra State)
- The Role Of Independent Television Benin In Political Mobilization Of Rural Areas In Nigeria.
- The Role Of Mass Media On Hiv And Aids Campaign
- The Impact Of Advert On Consumers’ Preferences Of Products
- The Role Of The Media In The Political Development Of Nigeria