In several quarters, there have been allegation making round, that state governments use their state Broadcast media as propaganda machinery. The focus is to investigate such allegation using Rivers State Broadcasting Service (RSBS) radio/TV as a case study. The study was based on critical theory by staurt Hall. The theory views the means by which the â€œhaves of society gain the willing support of the â€œhave notsâ€ to maintain the status quo. The study uses empirical method observing the five chapters structural arrangement, with each chapter assigned a specific role to play for the overall success of producing a reliable result. The researcher consulted relevant literature to raise secondary data while survey method was used to generate primary data for analysis. The data generated using questionnaire techniques were tested using chi-share goodness of fit test formular. Data were presented in tables and extensively discussed to enable the researcher draw his conclusion and make some recommendations. The researcher though did not find Rivers state government using itâ€™s broadcast outfits as propaganda machinery, but strongly recommends that the management of the broadcast stations should overhaul itâ€™s programmes in order to drop those perceived by the media audiences as sycophantic, wherein presenters use them to sing praises for
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the study
1.3 Objectives of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Research hypotheses
1.7 Definitions of terms
1.8 Assumptions of the study
1.9 Limitation of the study
2.1 Sources of literature
2.2 Review of the literature
2.3 Theoretical framework
2.4 Summary of the literature reviewed
3.1 The research design
3.2 Area of the study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Research sample and sampling techniques
3.5 Instrument used for data collection
3.6 Data collection
3.7 Data analysis
PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
4.1 Data presentation and analysis
4.2 Hypothesis testing 50
4.3 Discussion of findings
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS ON FURTHER STUDIES.
5.3 Recommendations on further studies 62
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word.
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 10). The Use Of State Broadcast Media As Propaganda Machinery By State Government.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 10, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/1828/the-use-of-state-broadcast-media-as-propaganda-machinery-by-state-government
"The Use Of State Broadcast Media As Propaganda Machinery By State Government." Afribary.com. 10 2013. 2013. 10 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/1828/the-use-of-state-broadcast-media-as-propaganda-machinery-by-state-government>.
"The Use Of State Broadcast Media As Propaganda Machinery By State Government.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 10 2013. Web. 10 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/1828/the-use-of-state-broadcast-media-as-propaganda-machinery-by-state-government>.
"The Use Of State Broadcast Media As Propaganda Machinery By State Government.." Afribary.com. 10, 2013. Accessed 10, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/1828/the-use-of-state-broadcast-media-as-propaganda-machinery-by-state-government.
- Related Works
- The Impact Of Nigerian Press On Shaping The Country’s Political Structure (period Of Study 1999 To 2004
- The Role Of Computers In Management Information System A Case Study Of National Fertilizer Company Of Nigeria (nafcon) Onne)
- Feedback Mechanism As A Tool In Determining Programming (a Case Study Of Esbs 2 Fm) Enugu.
- Impact Of Television Advertising In Promoting The Sales Of Mtn Products In Enugu Metropolis
- Practical Importance Of Social Philosophy To Mass Communication Student
- An Evaluation Of Communication Effectiveness Between Managers And Employees (a Case Study Of Life Breweries Limited Onitsha)
- Media Ownership And Its Influence On Editorial Policy (a Case Study Of Announcer Newspaper Owerri)
- The Role Of Public Relations In Community Banking (a Case Study Of Nnebuife Community Bank Nigeria Limited Enugu).
- The Role Of Mass Media On Hiv And Aids Campaign
- Newspaper And Television As An Agent Of Social Development (a Case Study Of Adaba Community.