The objective of this study was to evaluate the internal control system in operation at power holding company of Nigeria Plc in Enugu State with a view to knowing its impact on revenue generation in the state. A sample of 40 was selected for the study randomly. The questionnaires were used in gathering the primary data while secondary data were collected from the work of others in the form of literature review. The data collected were analyzed using the chi-square (x2) as the statistical tool to determine the valuation of the hypothesis. The findings concluded that weak internal control system encourages collusion fraud loss of revenue, embezzlement and computation. This have always impeded the companyâ€™s ability to effectively supply electricity to customers and there from generate revenue. Internal audit system ensures operations compliance with set policies, promoting accuracy and reliability of transactions recording. In addition, effective internal control system ensure effective recommends the remodeling of the companyâ€™s internal control system and strengthening of the investigating unit. The components sectors of the present corporate Power Holding Company of Nigeria PLC should be unbundled into separate distinct independent entities that handle generation, transmission, distribution and marketing. It further recommends that prepaid meters should be seen as an alternative to further accumulate debts.
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 2.1 Classifications of Departments Goals and Objective
Figure 2.2 Classification of Business objectives and related risks
TABLE OF CONTENTS
List of figures
Table of contents
1.0Background Of The Study
1.1Statement Of Problem
1.2Objective Of The Study
1.3Significance Of The Study
1.4Scope and Limitation Of The Study
1.7Historical Background of Power Holding Company of Nigeria
1.8Definition of Terms
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1What is Revenue?
2.2What is Internal Control System
2.3Objectives of Internal Control System
2.4Types of Internal Control System
2.5Components of Internal Control System
2.6Functions of Internal Control System
2.7Roles and Responsibilities.
2.8Internal Control System And The Auditors
2.9Operation Of Internal Control System At Power Holding Company Of Nigeria
2.10Limitation Of Internal Control System
1.2Sources Of Data
1.3Population Of The Study
1.5Description Of Questionnaire
1.6Method of Data Analysis
1.7Statistical Test For Hypothesis
DATA PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRTATION
4.1Data Analysis and Interpretation
4.2Test Of Hypothesis
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
5.1Summary Of Findings
5.4Suggestions For Further Investigation
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). The Impact Of Internal Control System On Revenue Generation: (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Phcn Okpara Avenue Enugu).. Afribary.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://afribary.com/read/226/the-impact-of-internal-control-system-on-revenue-generation-a-case-study-of-power-holding-company-of-nigeria-phcn-okpara-avenue-enugu
"The Impact Of Internal Control System On Revenue Generation: (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Phcn Okpara Avenue Enugu)." Afribary.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://afribary.com/read/226/the-impact-of-internal-control-system-on-revenue-generation-a-case-study-of-power-holding-company-of-nigeria-phcn-okpara-avenue-enugu>.
"The Impact Of Internal Control System On Revenue Generation: (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Phcn Okpara Avenue Enugu).." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://afribary.com/read/226/the-impact-of-internal-control-system-on-revenue-generation-a-case-study-of-power-holding-company-of-nigeria-phcn-okpara-avenue-enugu>.
"The Impact Of Internal Control System On Revenue Generation: (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Phcn Okpara Avenue Enugu).." Afribary.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://afribary.com/read/226/the-impact-of-internal-control-system-on-revenue-generation-a-case-study-of-power-holding-company-of-nigeria-phcn-okpara-avenue-enugu.
- Related Works
- Application Of The Contribution Margin Approach To Pricing Decisions In Manufacturing Organizations (a Case Study Of Innoson Technology Nigeria)
- The Effects Of Nigeria Monetary And Firm Policies On Commercial Bank’s From 1990 – 2000 (a Case Study Of First Bank Plc. Okpara Avenue, Enugu).
- An Appraisal Of The Expenditure Control Techniques In Government Owned Hospital
- The Role Of Fiscal Policies In The Development Of Nigerian Economy (a Case Study Of Central Bank Of Nigeria)
- The Role Of Accounting In The Control Of Public Expenditure In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Central Bank Of Nigeira (cbn)
- Evaluation Of Government Accounting System In Anambra State: (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Finance And Economic Planning Awka
- The Development Of Accounting Principles And Standards (an Empirical Study)
- Cost Control In Managing Industries: A Case Study Of West Africa Milk Company Plc., Lagos
- Auditing As An Aid To Accountability A Case Study Of Enugu State Post Primary School Management Board (ppmb)
- Impact Of Auditing In Government Parastatals (a Case Study Of Enugu State Agricultural Development Programme Enugu)