The objective of this study was to evaluate the internal control system in operation at power holding company of Nigeria Plc in Enugu State with a view to knowing its impact on revenue generation in the state. A sample of 40 was selected for the study randomly. The questionnaires were used in gathering the primary data while secondary data were collected from the work of others in the form of literature review. The data collected were analyzed using the chi-square (x2) as the statistical tool to determine the valuation of the hypothesis. The findings concluded that weak internal control system encourages collusion fraud loss of revenue, embezzlement and computation. This have always impeded the companyâ€™s ability to effectively supply electricity to customers and there from generate revenue. Internal audit system ensures operations compliance with set policies, promoting accuracy and reliability of transactions recording. In addition, effective internal control system ensure effective recommends the remodeling of the companyâ€™s internal control system and strengthening of the investigating unit. The components sectors of the present corporate Power Holding Company of Nigeria PLC should be unbundled into separate distinct independent entities that handle generation, transmission, distribution and marketing. It further recommends that prepaid meters should be seen as an alternative to further accumulate debts.
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 2.1 Classifications of Departments Goals and Objective
Figure 2.2 Classification of Business objectives and related risks
TABLE OF CONTENTS
List of figures
Table of contents
1.0Background Of The Study
1.1Statement Of Problem
1.2Objective Of The Study
1.3Significance Of The Study
1.4Scope and Limitation Of The Study
1.7Historical Background of Power Holding Company of Nigeria
1.8Definition of Terms
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1What is Revenue?
2.2What is Internal Control System
2.3Objectives of Internal Control System
2.4Types of Internal Control System
2.5Components of Internal Control System
2.6Functions of Internal Control System
2.7Roles and Responsibilities.
2.8Internal Control System And The Auditors
2.9Operation Of Internal Control System At Power Holding Company Of Nigeria
2.10Limitation Of Internal Control System
1.2Sources Of Data
1.3Population Of The Study
1.5Description Of Questionnaire
1.6Method of Data Analysis
1.7Statistical Test For Hypothesis
DATA PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRTATION
4.1Data Analysis and Interpretation
4.2Test Of Hypothesis
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
5.1Summary Of Findings
5.4Suggestions For Further Investigation
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). The Impact Of Internal Control System On Revenue Generation: (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Phcn Okpara Avenue Enugu).. Afribary.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://afribary.com/read/226/the-impact-of-internal-control-system-on-revenue-generation-a-case-study-of-power-holding-company-of-nigeria-phcn-okpara-avenue-enugu
"The Impact Of Internal Control System On Revenue Generation: (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Phcn Okpara Avenue Enugu)." Afribary.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://afribary.com/read/226/the-impact-of-internal-control-system-on-revenue-generation-a-case-study-of-power-holding-company-of-nigeria-phcn-okpara-avenue-enugu>.
"The Impact Of Internal Control System On Revenue Generation: (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Phcn Okpara Avenue Enugu).." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://afribary.com/read/226/the-impact-of-internal-control-system-on-revenue-generation-a-case-study-of-power-holding-company-of-nigeria-phcn-okpara-avenue-enugu>.
"The Impact Of Internal Control System On Revenue Generation: (a Case Study Of Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Phcn Okpara Avenue Enugu).." Afribary.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://afribary.com/read/226/the-impact-of-internal-control-system-on-revenue-generation-a-case-study-of-power-holding-company-of-nigeria-phcn-okpara-avenue-enugu.
- Related Works
- The Role Of An Accountant In The Poverty Alleviation Programme Of The Federal Government (a Case Study Of Enugu North Local Government Area).
- A Case Study Of General Cotton Mill Ltd. Onitsha, Anambra State
- The Need For Accounting Educational In Small Scale Industries
- A Study Of Tax Collection And Revenue Mobilization (a Case Study Of Enugu South Local Government Council)
- The Benefit Of Cooperative Societies To Staff Of Federal Establishment In Enugu State Using Power Holding Company Of Nigeria Cooperative Thrift And Credit Loan Society
- An Assessment Of The Impact Of Internal Audit Function In State Ministries (a Case Study Of Enugu State Ministries Of Works Housing And Education)
- The Impact Of Internal Control System On The Effective Management In Government Ministries
- Audit Planning And Control A Study O The Procedure In Some Selected Accounting Firms
- The Impact Of A Good Internal Control System On Financial Mangement Of Organization (a Case Study Of Nigeria Bottling Company)
- Accounting System In An Oil Industry (a Case Study Of Shell Petroleum Development Company