The study is a critical examination of the role of mass media in Traditional media of communication as tools for effective rural development. Notwithstanding the various modern means of communication such as RADIO, INTERNET, TELEVISION, NEWSPAPERS, MAGAZINES, etc. The rural means of communication is still the epitome for rural development. These traditional medium of communication includes the following Ekwe, Ikoro, Smoke signals, Open market, Age groups, palm fronds, The town crier oja etc.
However, both primary and secondary data will be used in gathering information for the study. The secondary data will come as a review of documented materials, while the primary data will be obtained with the help of questionnaire and oral interview, and will be administered to the ruralites with the help of the researcher, who will help the uneducated ones to fill in the boxes by explaining the questions to them.
A total of 382 questionnaires will be distributed precisely to the residents of Iwollo Oghe community.
The data collected will be tabulated and analyzed using percentages.
The three hypotheses formulated will be tested using chi-Square method respectively-
The findings of the study will show among others that the traditional medium of communication is a tool for an effective rural development.
The study will also recommend that the modern media should be used in conjunction with the traditional media of communication which people are familiar with; this will make for participatory communication to enhance national development.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEM
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1.5 SCOPE /DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTION
1.7 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
1.8 ASSUMPTION OF THE STUDY
1.9 CONCEPTUAL AND OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
1.10 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY.
REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE
2.1 SOURCES OF LITERATURE REVIEW
2.2 REVEW OF RELEVANT LITERATURE
2.3 THEORITICAL FRAME WORK
2.4 SUMMARY OF THE LITERATURE REVIEW
3.1 RESEARCH DESIGN
3.2 AREA OF THE STUDY
3.3 POPULATION OF THE STUDY
3.4 RESEARCH SAMPLE AND SAMPLING TECHNIQUES
3.5 INSTRUMENT USED FOR DATA COLLECTION
3.6 VALIDITY OF THE INSTRUMENT
3.7 METHOD OF COLLECTING DATA
3.8 METHOD OF DATA ANALYSIS
DATA PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND RESULTS
4.1 DATA ANALYSIS AND PRESENTATION
4.2 HYPOTHESES TESTING
4.3 DISCLOSURE OF FINDING
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Traditional Media Of Communication As Tools For Effective Rural Development.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://afribary.com/read/341/traditional-media-of-communication-as-tools-for-effective-rural-development
"Traditional Media Of Communication As Tools For Effective Rural Development." Afribary.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://afribary.com/read/341/traditional-media-of-communication-as-tools-for-effective-rural-development>.
"Traditional Media Of Communication As Tools For Effective Rural Development.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://afribary.com/read/341/traditional-media-of-communication-as-tools-for-effective-rural-development>.
"Traditional Media Of Communication As Tools For Effective Rural Development.." Afribary.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://afribary.com/read/341/traditional-media-of-communication-as-tools-for-effective-rural-development.
- Related Works
- The Role Of Radio In Democratic Society (a Case Study Of Enugu North Local Government Area)
- Enugu Residents’ Perception Of The New Media As A Means Of Communication
- Media Effect On Resident Attitude Toward Hosting The Olympic Games: A Cross-national Study Between China And The Usa
- Cultural Influence Of Foreign Programme In Broadcasting (a Case Study Of â€˜channel Oâ€™ Programme On Enugu Residents)
- Assessing The Impact Of The Media In Checking Economic Crime (a Case Study Of Efcc Activities)
- Electronic Media As An Effective Instrument For Cultural Propagation (case Study Of Osina Town In Imo State)
- Public Perception Of The Advertising Of Gsm Products (mtn/zain) (a Case Study Of Onitsha Community)
- The Attitude Of Female Mass Communication Students Towards Journalism As A Career, In Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka
- Impact Of Freedom Of Information Act On Journalism Practice: A Study Of Journalism Practice In Uyo Community- From January To June 2013
- Impact Of Social Media On Political Promises