Co-operative society was introduced into Nigeria in 1935.The objective include the pooling of sources together to achieve common goal and the substances of rural economy through marking fund available to the enterprising rural populace.
However, members have been too much reluctant over the service offered to them by these co-operative societies, especially in Oji-River local Government Area of Enugu state.
There is need to ensure effective and efficient management system in order to realize the aspirations of its member, for this reason, management system of Oji-River cooperative supermarket and the full participation of its members constituted the core of this research work. The research dealt with preliminary studies and statement of the problems, purposes, scope and significance of the study were properly treated.
Furthermore, history of co-operative movement in Nigeria, importance of co-operative movement in rural development was covered. The research used both questionnaire and face to face interview method in data collection
In addition, the research highlighted problems and prospects as it concerns to co-operative education, marketing and production some of the problems besetting effective management system of co-operative supermarket Oji-River, not only emanated from their functional constraints and lack of orientation and massive education of member and staff but all due to poor accountability by the leaders, with respect to fund handling.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Tables of contents
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1.3 PURPOSE/OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
1.7 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1.8 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
2.1 meaning and definition of co-operative society
2.2 A brief history of co-operative movement
2.3 Cooperative in Nigeria
2.4 Kinds of cooperative societies
2.5 Structure and organization of cooperative movement
2.6 The role of government in cooperative development.
2.7 Theories of cooperative movement.
2.8 Meaning of cooperative as a business venture.
2.9 Importance of cooperative in rural development.
2.10 Sources of finance.
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
3.2AREA OF STUDY
3.3POPULATION OF THE STUDY
3.4SAMPLE AND SAMPLING TECHNIQUES
3.5INSRUMENT FOR DATA COLLECTION
3.6VALIDITY OF THE STUDY INSTRUMENT
3.7METHOD OF DATA COLLECTION
3.8METHOD OF DATA ANALYSIS
PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA
4.1ANALYSIS OF DATA TO THE COOPERATIVE SUPERMARKET OJI-RIVER
4.2ANALYSIS OF THE QUESTIONNAIRE TO THE COOPERATIVE
4.3TESTING OF HYPOTHESIS
FINDING RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION,
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Managing A Co-operative Society As Small Business Venture, A Case Study Of A Co-operative Society Supermarket, Oji-river.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://afribary.com/read/401/managing-a-co-operative-society-as-small-business-venture-a-case-study-of-a-co-operative-society-supermarket-oji-river
"Managing A Co-operative Society As Small Business Venture, A Case Study Of A Co-operative Society Supermarket, Oji-river." Afribary.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://afribary.com/read/401/managing-a-co-operative-society-as-small-business-venture-a-case-study-of-a-co-operative-society-supermarket-oji-river>.
"Managing A Co-operative Society As Small Business Venture, A Case Study Of A Co-operative Society Supermarket, Oji-river.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://afribary.com/read/401/managing-a-co-operative-society-as-small-business-venture-a-case-study-of-a-co-operative-society-supermarket-oji-river>.
"Managing A Co-operative Society As Small Business Venture, A Case Study Of A Co-operative Society Supermarket, Oji-river.." Afribary.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://afribary.com/read/401/managing-a-co-operative-society-as-small-business-venture-a-case-study-of-a-co-operative-society-supermarket-oji-river.
- Related Works
- The Place Of Advertising In Motivating Consumer Brand Preference Of Toothpaste (a Case Study Of Close Up)
- The Implication Of Privatization On Nigeria Economy (a Case Study Of Nigeria National Petroleum Company Nnpc)
- Survival Strategy Adoption By Small Scale Retail Outlet, In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Heritage Nigeria Limited, New Haven Enugu)
- The Latest Communication Office Equipment And Their Effect On Secretaries Profession (a Case Study Of Nigerian Breweries Plc (nb) Enugu
- An Investigation Into The Role Of Small Scale Industries In The Economic Development Of Nigeria (a Focus In Abia State)
- Place Of Co-operative In Rural Development
- Strategies Of Promoting Productivity In Civil Service (a Case Study Of Enugu State Civil Services Commission)
- Liquidity Management In Banks (case Study Of Union Bank Plc And Nise Community Bank)
- The Major Causes Of Business Failure In Edo State (a Case Study Of Bendel Cement Company Ltd Okpella, Edo State)
- The Management Problems Of Government Parastatals In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Hotel Presidential Enugu)