This work is on the challenges facing the Nigeria banking industry. The history of Nigeria banking can be traceable in the early 1820â€™s with the African banking corporation that was established in Lagos but the corporation did not last as a result of banking habit of the people and consequently ceased operation in 1890.
This project has to do with the problems competitions government interventions, distresses been experienced in the Nigerian banking industry in this present day activities of the banking sector.
This study will attempt to bring on various problems but could be caused and the challenges for customers and also offer solutions on how it could be circumvented.
The study which is not a result of one research but a contribution of research ideas examines the different measures adopted at different occasions by the central bank of Nigeria to curb the challenges facing the Nigeria a banking industry.
The research methods used are primarily secondary since primary data cannot be effectively used at this state of learning. The researcher made use of both historical and survey research method carrying out this investigations.
Finally, findings recommendations and conclusions are drawn. Based on the objectives the findings revealed that challenges has to do written competition as far as banking industries in Nigeria are concerned, and that distress can be run into as a result of these challenges in the banking industry. Based on the findings, recommendations are made on how to improve the challenges facing the Nigeria banking industry.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY BANKING IN NIGERIA
1.2 STATEMENT OF STUDY
1.3. OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1.5 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1.6. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
1.9. DELIMITTION OF THE STUDY
1.10 IMPORTANCE BENEFIT OF THE STUDY
1.11 RATIONALE JUSTIFICATION OF THE STUDY
1.12 ASSUMPTION OF THE STUDY
1.13 DEFINITION OF TERMS
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.2 ACTIVITIES OF THE BANKING INDUSTRY IN THE PRESENT DAY IN NIGERIA UNIVERSAL BANKING
2.3 INTRODUCTION OF UNIVERSAL BANKING IN NIGERIA
2.4 GUIDELINES FOR THE PRACTICE OF UNIVERSAL BANKING IN NIGERIA
2.5 ACTIVITIES THAT BANKS CAN UNDERTAKE
2.6 EXPERIENCES ON BANK (DISTRESS AS A RESULT OF (COMPETITION) CHALLENGES) CHALLENGES FACED.
2.7 CAUSES OF DISTRESS IN BANKING INDUSTRY
2.8 BRIEF SURVEY OF BANK DISTRESS IN NIGERIA
2.9 MANAGEMENT OF BANK DISTRESS
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY.
2.10 METHOD OF DATA COLLECTION
3.1 SECONDARY METHOD OF DATA COLLECTION
3.2 LOCATION OF DATA
3.3 ANALYSIS OF DATA.
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
4.1 SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
4.2 DISCUSSION OF RESULT
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Challenges Facing The Nigeria Banking Industry.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://afribary.com/read/453/challenges-facing-the-nigeria-banking-industry
"Challenges Facing The Nigeria Banking Industry." Afribary.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://afribary.com/read/453/challenges-facing-the-nigeria-banking-industry>.
"Challenges Facing The Nigeria Banking Industry.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://afribary.com/read/453/challenges-facing-the-nigeria-banking-industry>.
"Challenges Facing The Nigeria Banking Industry.." Afribary.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://afribary.com/read/453/challenges-facing-the-nigeria-banking-industry.
- Related Works
- Effectiveness Of Monetary Policy Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria
- Checking Distress In The Nigerian Banking Sector The Role Of Accountants And Auditors (a Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc, Awka)
- The Problems And Prospects Of Small-scale Industries In Nigeria Economy (a Case Study Of Alpha Paper Mill Ltd Ogidi)
- The Importance Of Liqukdity In Commercial Banks
- The Problem And Prospect Of Capital Mobilization In Financing Small Industries In Enugu State
- The Role Of Public Accounts In The Formation, Acquistion And Liquidation Of A Compay
- Management Crisis Of The Banking Industry : (a Case Study Of Some Distress Banks)
- The Impact Of Rising Interest Rate On Manufacturing Sector Of The Nigerian Economy (a Case Study Of Sunglass Nigeria Limited)
- The Role And Importance Of Central Bank Of Nigeria In The Prevention Of Bank Failure In Nigeria.
- Operational Risk Management In Nigeria Banks (a Case Study Of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc)