The studentâ€™s industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) Relevance to the Department of Secretarial Studies was researched upon. The instruments used was questionnaire and this questionnaire items were used to answer the research questions. The results were collected and analyzed in the chapters that make up this study
Journals, Encyclopedia and project works of others scholars were used in the review of literature. Students of the department of secretarial studies of Institute of Management and Technology Enugu and (4) SIWES staff in Enugu were sampled and they constituted the respondents.
Based on the analysis, Major findings emerged revealing that students did receive practical work on the job training. The SIWES scheme further exposes students to proper methods of using and handling secretarial equipments and development.
However, the study concluded that if students are adequately exposed to research materials and facilities, if students are provided with thorough and proper supervision by supervisors, if orientation towards equipment and machinery handling was well fashioned out, there will necessary be an upsurge in performance rates
Therefore, the researcher recommends that following
That employers ought to accept students supervisors need to be attached to individuals students. Students should be allowed to express and get themselves exposed to secretarial practices in order to acquire a deeper re-orientation before the commencement of the programme if adequate performance is to be guaranteed
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Need for study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Scope and limitation of the study
1.6 Research proportion
2.0 Literature Review
2.1 SIWES as a means of practical on the job training
2.2 Providing indigenous manpower through SIWES
2.3 SIWES and students experience of practical knowledge in the use of machines and equipments.
2.4 SIWES relevance of the department of secretarial studies.
2.5 Summary of related literature
3.0 Design of the study
3.1 Population for the study
3.2 Sample size
3.3 Development of research material
3.4 Questionnaire Design
3.5 Research procedure
3.6 Treatment of data
4.0 Analysis and presentation of data
4.1 Analysis of questionnaire responses
4.2 Analysis of questionnaire responses from the SIWES
5.0 Summary of findings, Conclusion and Recommendations
5.1 Summary of findings
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 02). The Relevance Of Industrial Work Experience To Secretarial Students.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/715/the-relevance-of-industrial-work-experience-to-secretarial-students
"The Relevance Of Industrial Work Experience To Secretarial Students." Afribary.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/715/the-relevance-of-industrial-work-experience-to-secretarial-students>.
"The Relevance Of Industrial Work Experience To Secretarial Students.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/715/the-relevance-of-industrial-work-experience-to-secretarial-students>.
"The Relevance Of Industrial Work Experience To Secretarial Students.." Afribary.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/715/the-relevance-of-industrial-work-experience-to-secretarial-students.
- Related Works
- Problems And Prospects Of Primary Education In Nigeria
- Problems Facing Small And Medium Scale Enterprises In Obtaining Bank Loans (a Case Study Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc Ogui Road Enugu)
- The Impact Of Ethnicity To National Development
- Art As A Vehicle To Religious Education In Enugu State (a- Case Study Of Ezeagu Local Government Area)
- The Use Of Ict In Teaching And Learning Of English Language
- Causes Of Early Marriage Perceived By Adults In Asa Local Government Area Of Kwara State
- A Survey Of Ict Driven Instructional Aids In Use In Teaching Of Social Studies In Jss Level In Afikpo North Local Government Area Of Ebonyi State
- A Survey Of Instructional Materials In Use In The Teaching Of Social Studies In Secondary Schools In Isu Local Government Area Of Imo State
- Adult Education Programmes As A Strategy For Poverty Alleviation In Ughelli North Local Government Of Delta State
- Problems Of Examination Malpractice In Tertiary Institutions And Ways Of Solving Them