Opportunity: POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program By East-West Center, USA 2022-23
Award Value: Students will be provided with a stipend and round-trip economy airfare between their home base and Honolulu.
Location: The USA
Who can Apply: All Nationalities
About the Fellowship
The POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program, endowed by POSCO, is intended to promote research activities on Korean topics at the East-West Center. The program invites outstanding scholars and policymakers to engage in policy-relevant, contemporary research on political, security, and economic issues in Northeast Asia, as they relate to Korea.
Each year, from the beginning of March to the end of February of the following year, the East-West Center hosts four to six POSCO Visiting Fellows. The POSCO Visiting Fellows are in residence at the East-West Center for one to two months and undertake research and writing on an agreed topic. Fellows are provided with a stipend and round-trip economy airfare between their home base and Honolulu. They are required to give one seminar, prepare a high-quality paper to be submitted for publication, and join in East-West Center activities. Fellows may also be asked to participate in local outreach and public diplomacy activities. Proposals for cost-shared fellowships are welcomed.
- Completely filled Application form
- A cover letter indicating the research theme or project for which the applicant is applying
- Curriculum vitae, which may be circulated among East-West Center staff (For security purposes, please do not include any personal information—e.g., birthdate, social security numbers, and/or passport number.)
- Names of three referees, including full name, title, postal address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address
- Research proposal (3 to 5 pages), which should do the following:
- Set out the issue or issues of the proposed investigation
- Describe the research method
- State the relationship of the proposed study to ongoing work in the area
- Explain how the proposed study can advance regional development and cooperation
- Propose the duration of fellowship required, the expected time that the applicant can be in residence at the East-West Center
- Describe the anticipated publication product
How to Apply
Download and complete the Application form.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected]
31 December 2021