This assignment covers several questions on Displacement and Velocity to which answers are provided.
1. Define and differentiate vector quantities vs scalar quantities
2. Using the definitions you have given in question number 1, categorise the following terms inside the box into scalar quantities and vector quantities.
3. Define and differentiate distance vs displacement
4. Lancellot started dashing from point A to point C, then he made a final dash from point C to point B to reach Ms Odette. (A) What was the distance travelled by Lancellot . (B) What was his displacement? (Diagrams available within the document)
5. Consider the diagram, Mr Johnson started his journey at the base which is point A and he was able to cover 100km before arriving at the enemy's final turret which is at point B. (A) What was the distance travelled by Mr Johnson (B) What was his displacement (DIagram available inside the document)
6. Consider motion on a number line. (A) Calculate the displacement of Ms Ruby displaced from x =7m to x=15m. (B) Calculate the displacement of Ms Ruby displaced from x=8m to x=21m (C) Calculate the distance travelled by Mr Roger if he started at x=5m and dashed to x=15m and dashed back at x=2m
More questions and the full answers (solutions) available within the full document.
Gohetia, R. (2022). Displacement and Velocity - General Physics. Afribary. Retrieved from https://afribary.com/works/displacement-and-velocity-general-physics-rosmarie-gohetia
Gohetia, Rosmarie "Displacement and Velocity - General Physics" Afribary. Afribary, 05 Apr. 2022, https://afribary.com/works/displacement-and-velocity-general-physics-rosmarie-gohetia. Accessed 03 Jul. 2022.
Gohetia, Rosmarie . "Displacement and Velocity - General Physics". Afribary, Afribary, 05 Apr. 2022. Web. 03 Jul. 2022. < https://afribary.com/works/displacement-and-velocity-general-physics-rosmarie-gohetia >.
Gohetia, Rosmarie . "Displacement and Velocity - General Physics" Afribary (2022). Accessed July 03, 2022. https://afribary.com/works/displacement-and-velocity-general-physics-rosmarie-gohetia