RAID is now used as an umbrella term for computer data storage schemes that can divide and replicate data among multiple physical drives. The physical drives are said to be in a RAID, which is accessed by the operating system as one single drive. The different schemes or architectures are named by the word RAID followed by a number (e.g., RAID 0, RAID 1). Each scheme provides a different balance between two key goals: increase data reliability and increase input/output performance.
RAID, acronym for Redundant Array of Independent Disks (originally Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks), is a storage technology that provides increased reliability and functions through redundancy. This is achieved by combining multiple disk drive components into a logical unit, where data is distributed across the drives in one of several ways called "RAID levels"; this concept is an example of storage virtualization and was first defined by David A. Patterson, Garth A. Gibson, and Randy Katz at the University of California, Berkeley in 1987 as Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive Disks. Marketers representing industry RAID manufacturers later attempted to reinvent the term to describe a redundant array of independent disks as a means of dissociating a low-cost expectation from RAID technology.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
1.2PURPOSE OF STUDY
1.3IMPORTANCE OF STUDY
1.4DEFINITION OF TERMS
1.5ASSUMPTION OF STUDY
2.0 LITERETURE REVIEW
3.0 PROBLEMS WITH RAID
3.1 CORRELATED FAILURES
3.3 WRITE CACHE RELIABILITY
3.4 EQUIPMENT COMPATIBILITY
3.5 DATA RECOVERY IN THE EVENT OF A FAILED ARRAY
4.0 RAID 10 VERSUS RAID 5 IN RELATIONAL DATABASES
CHAPTER FIVE: CONCLUSION
5.1LIMITATION OF STUDY
5.2SUGGESTION FOR FURTHER RESEARCH
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Raid Technology.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology
"Raid Technology." Afribary.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology>.
"Raid Technology.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology>.
"Raid Technology.." Afribary.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology.
- Related Works
- Active Source Routing Protocol For Mobile Ad Hoc
- Design And Implementation Of An Expert Management System For Automobile Fault Detection And Diagnosis
- Batch Processing And Real Time Processing: Merits And Demerits
- Design And Implementation Of A Case Filling System For A Drug Monitoring Agency (a Case Study Of Ndlea Area Office Enugu)
- Design And Implementation Of Protocol Scrubbing: Network Security Through Transparent Flow Modification
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Telephone Line Allocation System (a Case Study Of Niitel Nigeria Limited Enugu Branch)
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Birth Registration Information System (a Case Study Of Unth Enugu)
- Disaster Early Warning System
- Design And Construction Of A Cassava Grating Machine
- Design And Implementation Of Computerised Banking Monitor Information System (a Case Study Of Central Bank Plc Enugu).