RAID is now used as an umbrella term for computer data storage schemes that can divide and replicate data among multiple physical drives. The physical drives are said to be in a RAID, which is accessed by the operating system as one single drive. The different schemes or architectures are named by the word RAID followed by a number (e.g., RAID 0, RAID 1). Each scheme provides a different balance between two key goals: increase data reliability and increase input/output performance.
RAID, acronym for Redundant Array of Independent Disks (originally Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks), is a storage technology that provides increased reliability and functions through redundancy. This is achieved by combining multiple disk drive components into a logical unit, where data is distributed across the drives in one of several ways called "RAID levels"; this concept is an example of storage virtualization and was first defined by David A. Patterson, Garth A. Gibson, and Randy Katz at the University of California, Berkeley in 1987 as Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive Disks. Marketers representing industry RAID manufacturers later attempted to reinvent the term to describe a redundant array of independent disks as a means of dissociating a low-cost expectation from RAID technology.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
1.2PURPOSE OF STUDY
1.3IMPORTANCE OF STUDY
1.4DEFINITION OF TERMS
1.5ASSUMPTION OF STUDY
2.0 LITERETURE REVIEW
3.0 PROBLEMS WITH RAID
3.1 CORRELATED FAILURES
3.3 WRITE CACHE RELIABILITY
3.4 EQUIPMENT COMPATIBILITY
3.5 DATA RECOVERY IN THE EVENT OF A FAILED ARRAY
4.0 RAID 10 VERSUS RAID 5 IN RELATIONAL DATABASES
CHAPTER FIVE: CONCLUSION
5.1LIMITATION OF STUDY
5.2SUGGESTION FOR FURTHER RESEARCH
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Raid Technology.. Afribary.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology
"Raid Technology." Afribary.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology>.
"Raid Technology.." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology>.
"Raid Technology.." Afribary.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://afribary.com/read/264/raid-technology.
- Related Works
- Design And Implementation Of Steganography For Hiding Data In Audio Film (case Study Of Woman Of Faith)
- Remote Pc Access In Cyber Cafe (case Study Of Pressure World Cafe )
- Design And Implementation Of An Online Voting System
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Sales Forecasting System (case Of Study Of Nbl 9th Mile Corner Enugu)
- Radar Tracking System Concept And Application
- Design And Implementation Of Online Voting System In Sug Elections
- Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Sales Order Accounting System
- Design And Simulation Of A Digital Circuit Simulation
- A Security Gateway
- Telecom Inventory Maintenance Services Application With Error Tracking