The aim of this study was to investigate on taxation and its effects in the Nigeria economy. One of the objective carried out by the researcher was to examine peoples perception on taxation.
Taxation is seen as a tool aimed at improving the performance of the national economy by such means as altering the balance between current consumption and capital investment.
It looked at the work of other authors in order to make the exercise richer. Their different views were seen in different books and other materials (journal) which made this study much better than similar works in this area.
In carrying out this study, the researcher used both primary and secondary data. Qestionnaries and interviews were used in generating the primary data while the secondarry data were obtained through library researcher and other sources.
The purpose sample of 147 respondents were randomly selected for the study to avoid numerous errors in the calculation. From the data collected and analysed, it was evident that tax collection plays a great role in the development of the Nigeria economy.
Conclusively, discussion, summary, conclusion, and recommendations were made to achieve the purpose of this work.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Purpose of study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Scope and delimitation
1.6 Definition of terms
CHAPTER TWO: REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1 Taxation theory
2.2 The objectives and importance of taxation and economic policy.
2.3 Imposition of taxes and income chargeable under various tax laws and acts and the relevant tax authority.
2.4 Ascertainment of income for tax purposes.
2.5 Types and qualities of taxation.
2.6 Tax effects on the economy.
2.7 Tax effects on production and distribution.
2.8 Tax effect on consumption and savings.
2.9 Tax effects on investment and efficiency.
2.10 Tax evasion and avoidance.
2.11 Current charges in personal income taxation.
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH, DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
3.1 Research instruments.
3.2 Sources of data.
3.3 Sampling procedure.
3.4 Statistical treatment
3.5 Data analysis.
CHAPTER FOUR: PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA.
4.1 Data analysis,presentation and interpretation.
4.2 Test of hypothesis.
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION.
5.1 Summary of findings.
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2012, 11). Taxation And Its Effect On The Nigerian Economy (a Case Study Of Enugu State Tax System).. Afribary.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from https://afribary.com/read/340/taxation-and-its-effect-on-the-nigerian-economy-a-case-study-of-enugu-state-tax-system
"Taxation And Its Effect On The Nigerian Economy (a Case Study Of Enugu State Tax System)." Afribary.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <https://afribary.com/read/340/taxation-and-its-effect-on-the-nigerian-economy-a-case-study-of-enugu-state-tax-system>.
"Taxation And Its Effect On The Nigerian Economy (a Case Study Of Enugu State Tax System).." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <https://afribary.com/read/340/taxation-and-its-effect-on-the-nigerian-economy-a-case-study-of-enugu-state-tax-system>.
"Taxation And Its Effect On The Nigerian Economy (a Case Study Of Enugu State Tax System).." Afribary.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. https://afribary.com/read/340/taxation-and-its-effect-on-the-nigerian-economy-a-case-study-of-enugu-state-tax-system.
- Related Works
- Effectiveness Of Financial Control In The Public Sector
- The Role Of Budget In Banking Management
- The Problems And Prospects Of Distribution Of Farm Input To Small Scale Farmers In Enugu State
- The Impact Of Tax Evasion And Tax Avoidance In Nigeria Economy
- The Problems Of New Bank In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Citizen International Bank Of Nigeria Enugu)
- Internal Audting Efficinecy As A Tool For Improving The Companies Performance (a Case Study Of Emenite Limited Enugu)
- Social Accounting As A Method Of Assessing The Impact Of Development Activities A Case Study Of Nsukka Local Government Area, Enugu State
- The Auditor As An Indispensable Part Of A Profitable Business Organization (a Case Study Of Auditing Practice Committee
- An Assessment Of The Impact Of Internal Audit Function In State Ministries (a Case Study Of Enugu State Ministries Of Educaiton)
- A Study Of Tax Collection And Revenue Mobilization (a Case Study Of Enugu North Local Government Council)