This study is aimed at finding the strategy for effective mass transit system. The objective of the research work is to find out method of maintenance of buses and purchase of spare parts, to determine the effect of poor road network in the strategic planning of the organization. To find out the influence of economic cost of operation in determine the fares since its existence, to determine the loss of revenue through fraudulent practices by crews to evolve strategy to ward of the influence of politics by flect operators. Also to determine whether ENTRACO is adequately equipped with the level of passenger buses that could make her services felt by the greater percentage of people.
In view of the above objective and many more not mentioned, the researcher, in the following finds among others.
1. ENTRACO is inadequately equipped with the level of passenger buses that could make her services felt by the greater percentage of the people of the state.
2. Lack of standard and modernized workshop hampers the operations of the company. Maintenance of buses could have been easier and cheaper if such workshop is in place.
3. The company has no reliable time table for bus movement. The ones usually on display are for more formality. One who deports are fore more formality. One who is conscious of time need not to go for ENTRACO.
4. There is state government interference with the cities of the company. Government often request the use of the ENTRACO’s buses which are hardly paid for some government ideas which more often them not run counter publictive to the company are imposed on the company.
Based on these findings, the following recommendation were made: -
1. The Enugu State government, the owners of the company should as a matter of urgency provide more passenger buses to ENTRACO to match demand with supply. The current number of buses (71 in number) falls for below the expected number that could make the company effective since the effectives of the company is measured by commuters satisfaction.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Approval page ii
Table of contents
1.1 General Background 1
1.2 Problem Analysis 4
1.3 Purpose of study 4
1.4 Scope of study 5
2.1 Literature Review 6
3.1 Data Presentation
3.2 Analysis of the data
Ugwu, A. (2018). STRATEGY FOR EFFECTIVE MASS TRANSIT SYSTEM IN ENUGU STATE (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE TRANSPORT COMPANY ENTRACO LIMITED). Afribary. Retrieved from https://afribary.com/works/strategy-for-effective-mass-transit-system-in-enugu-state-a-case-study-of-enugu-state-transport-company-entraco-limited-8525
Ugwu, Anderson "STRATEGY FOR EFFECTIVE MASS TRANSIT SYSTEM IN ENUGU STATE (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE TRANSPORT COMPANY ENTRACO LIMITED)" Afribary. Afribary, 29 Jan. 2018, https://afribary.com/works/strategy-for-effective-mass-transit-system-in-enugu-state-a-case-study-of-enugu-state-transport-company-entraco-limited-8525. Accessed 08 Dec. 2023.
Ugwu, Anderson . "STRATEGY FOR EFFECTIVE MASS TRANSIT SYSTEM IN ENUGU STATE (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE TRANSPORT COMPANY ENTRACO LIMITED)". Afribary, Afribary, 29 Jan. 2018. Web. 08 Dec. 2023. < https://afribary.com/works/strategy-for-effective-mass-transit-system-in-enugu-state-a-case-study-of-enugu-state-transport-company-entraco-limited-8525 >.
Ugwu, Anderson . "STRATEGY FOR EFFECTIVE MASS TRANSIT SYSTEM IN ENUGU STATE (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE TRANSPORT COMPANY ENTRACO LIMITED)" Afribary (2018). Accessed December 08, 2023. https://afribary.com/works/strategy-for-effective-mass-transit-system-in-enugu-state-a-case-study-of-enugu-state-transport-company-entraco-limited-8525