The topic of this research work is the Problem of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration with particular reference to Ministry of Education Enugu.
The main objective of the study include:
To find out the extent to which the resources of the board are adequate for its management.
To ascertain the extent to which the objectives of the board are being achieved.
Finally to appraise the extent of attainment of the boards target in the priority areas of personal Income tax administration.
Some related literatures were reviewed while chapter three contained the methodology of this study; The population of the study which was made up of 800 people and the sample size was 100 using simple random sampling technique. Chapter four presented the analysis of the data generated from questionnaires.
In the concluding chapter which comprises among other things the research findings which include in adequacy of resources, low achievement of objectives, Ignorance of tax benefits and poor attainment of targets in the priority areas. However, recommendations are made based on findings. Such recommendation includes: Recruitment of more staff for the board and allocation of more funds for collection activities in both headquarters and branch offices.
Finally, the researcher beliefs that if these recommendations are applied religiously, the problem of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration and collection will be a thing of the past in Nigeria as a whole.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
List of tables
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problems
1.3 Research Questions / Hypothesis
1.5 Purpose of the study
1.6 Significance of the study
1.7 Scope of the study
Review of literatures
2.1 Fundamental concept of Nigeria Taxation
2.1.1History of Nigeria Taxation
2.1.2Laws governing Income tax in Nigeria
2.1.3Importance of Taxation
2.1.4Categories of Taxes
2.2 Basis of tax Imposition (major provisions)
2.2.1A review of major assessment provision
2.2.2Relevant tax authorities
2.3 Problems of tax collection..
2.3.1In adequate qualified man power, poor motivation and corruption
2.3.2Poor attitude to tax generation and usage
2.3.3Lack of management audit and unrealistic budgeting
3.1 Design of the study
3.2 Area of the study
3.4 Sample size
3.5 Sampling techniques
3.6 Instrument of data collection
3.7 Validity and reliability of instrument
3.8 Techniques for data analysis
Data presentation and Analysis
5.1 Discussion of the study
5.2 Summary of findings
5.3 Implication of the research
5.4 Limitation of the study
5.5 Suggestion for further study
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 05). The Problems Of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu).. Afribary.com. Retrieved 05, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/1554/the-problems-of-nigerian-personal-income-tax-administration-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu
"The Problems Of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu)." Afribary.com. 05 2013. 2013. 05 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/1554/the-problems-of-nigerian-personal-income-tax-administration-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu>.
"The Problems Of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu).." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 05 2013. Web. 05 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/1554/the-problems-of-nigerian-personal-income-tax-administration-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu>.
"The Problems Of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu).." Afribary.com. 05, 2013. Accessed 05, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/1554/the-problems-of-nigerian-personal-income-tax-administration-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu.
- Related Works
- Causes And Effects Of Examination Malpractice In Institutions Of Higher Learning In Nigeria (a Case Of Institute Of Management And Technology, (imt) Enugu)
- Staff Welfare Scheme In Government Parastatals (a Case Study Of Enugu State Water Corporation)
- Employee Job Satisfaction A Tool For Enhancing Organisational Performance
- Multination As A Management Tool For Increase The Productivity Of Workers. (a Case Study Of Entrance Limited Enugu)
- Problems And Prospect Of Establishment Of Small -scale Industries In Enugu State (a Case Study Of Patony Block Industry Presidential Road)
- An Appraisal Of Local Government Councils Efforts Towards Community Development (a Case Study Of Enugu North Local Government Area)
- The Impact Of Strike Action In The Achivement Of Trade Union Aims In An Organization (a Case Study Of Nigeria Union Of Teachers (nut) Enugu)
- The Role Of Commercial Bank In Industrial Development In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc Onitsha)
- Survival Strategy Adoption By Small Scale Retail Outlet, In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Heritage Nigeria Limited, New Haven Enugu)
- The Purpose And Use Of Management Consultancy Firm In Nigeria (a Case Study Of Onitsha South (l.g.a) In Anambra State)