The topic of this research work is the Problem of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration with particular reference to Ministry of Education Enugu.
The main objective of the study include:
To find out the extent to which the resources of the board are adequate for its management.
To ascertain the extent to which the objectives of the board are being achieved.
Finally to appraise the extent of attainment of the boards target in the priority areas of personal Income tax administration.
Some related literatures were reviewed while chapter three contained the methodology of this study; The population of the study which was made up of 800 people and the sample size was 100 using simple random sampling technique. Chapter four presented the analysis of the data generated from questionnaires.
In the concluding chapter which comprises among other things the research findings which include in adequacy of resources, low achievement of objectives, Ignorance of tax benefits and poor attainment of targets in the priority areas. However, recommendations are made based on findings. Such recommendation includes: Recruitment of more staff for the board and allocation of more funds for collection activities in both headquarters and branch offices.
Finally, the researcher beliefs that if these recommendations are applied religiously, the problem of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration and collection will be a thing of the past in Nigeria as a whole.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
List of tables
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problems
1.3 Research Questions / Hypothesis
1.5 Purpose of the study
1.6 Significance of the study
1.7 Scope of the study
Review of literatures
2.1 Fundamental concept of Nigeria Taxation
2.1.1History of Nigeria Taxation
2.1.2Laws governing Income tax in Nigeria
2.1.3Importance of Taxation
2.1.4Categories of Taxes
2.2 Basis of tax Imposition (major provisions)
2.2.1A review of major assessment provision
2.2.2Relevant tax authorities
2.3 Problems of tax collection..
2.3.1In adequate qualified man power, poor motivation and corruption
2.3.2Poor attitude to tax generation and usage
2.3.3Lack of management audit and unrealistic budgeting
3.1 Design of the study
3.2 Area of the study
3.4 Sample size
3.5 Sampling techniques
3.6 Instrument of data collection
3.7 Validity and reliability of instrument
3.8 Techniques for data analysis
Data presentation and Analysis
5.1 Discussion of the study
5.2 Summary of findings
5.3 Implication of the research
5.4 Limitation of the study
5.5 Suggestion for further study
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word.
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 05). The Problems Of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu).. Afribary.com. Retrieved 05, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/1554/the-problems-of-nigerian-personal-income-tax-administration-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu
"The Problems Of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu)." Afribary.com. 05 2013. 2013. 05 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/1554/the-problems-of-nigerian-personal-income-tax-administration-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu>.
"The Problems Of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu).." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 05 2013. Web. 05 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/1554/the-problems-of-nigerian-personal-income-tax-administration-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu>.
"The Problems Of Nigerian Personal Income Tax Administration (a Case Study Of Ministry Of Education, Enugu).." Afribary.com. 05, 2013. Accessed 05, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/1554/the-problems-of-nigerian-personal-income-tax-administration-a-case-study-of-ministry-of-education-enugu.
- Related Works
- The Organization And Management Problem Of Rural Water Supply (a Case Study Of Nnewi Water Co-operation Anambra State)
- Problems Of Female Secretaries In Business Organizations A Case Of Nepa
- Public Relations As A Management Function: A Comparative Study Of Three Parastatals In The Nigerian Aviation Industry
- The Effect Of Monetary Incentive On Workers Performance In Nigerian Organisation (a Case Study Of Nigerian Telecommunications Limited Enugu)
- The Effects Of Participation In Management Decision Making On Employee Productivity (a Case Study Of Nigeria Bottling Company Plc 9th Mile Planted At Nsude)
- Employee Participation In Decision Making And Organizational Commitment (a Case Study Of Nepa, Enugu District)
- The Impact Of Industrial Unrest On Management Efficiency (a Case Study Of Enugu State Water Corporation)
- The Impact Of Supervision On Effective Bank Management (a Case Study Of United Bank Of African Plc (u.b.a) Station Road Enugu)
- Management Of Crisis In An Organization (a Case Study Of Anammco Plc Emene Enugu)
- The Need For Efficient Stock Management In The Manufacturing Company (a Case Study Of Anambra Automobile Manufacturing Company, Emene Enugu)