The objective of this research work was to find out the problems and prospects of teaching English Language in Secondary Schools in Enugu South Local Government Area of Enugu State. This research work as an investigation to find data for this study, a total of two hundred (200) respondents were selected from a population of one thousand people. After carrying out the research, the research found that the teaching and learning of English Language in Secondary Schools in Enugu South has a lot of problems which include:
(a)Lack of qualified English teachers in those schools.
(b)Lack of language laboratories in the schools
(c)Inadequate use of teaching materials and
(d)Lack of conducive environment for learning
(e)Lack of incentive and lack instructional material or teaching resources etc.
These entire problems affect the teaching and learning of English Language in Secondary Schools sin those schools in Enugu South.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research Questions
1.6 Scope of study
1.7 Limitation of study
1.8 Definition of terms
2.1 Theoretical Review
2.2 Problems of teaching English Language
2.3 Solution to the problem
2.4 General ways of improving the teaching and learning of the English Language in
2.5 The Public Concern
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Area of the study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample and sampling techniques
3.5 Research Instrument
3.6 Validation of the instrument
3.7 Method of Data Collection
3.8 Method of Data Analysis
4.1 Research Question One
4.2 Research Question Two
4.3 Research Question Three
4.4 Research Question Four
4.5 Discussion of Results
Discussion of Findings
5.1 Use of instructional resources/media
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, some works might not contain source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 04). The Problems And Prospects Of Teaching English Language In Secondary Schools (a Case Study Of Enugu South L.g.a).. Afribary.com. Retrieved 04, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/1407/the-problems-and-prospects-of-teaching-english-language-in-secondary-schools-a-case-study-of-enugu-south-l-g-a
"The Problems And Prospects Of Teaching English Language In Secondary Schools (a Case Study Of Enugu South L.g.a)." Afribary.com. 04 2013. 2013. 04 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/1407/the-problems-and-prospects-of-teaching-english-language-in-secondary-schools-a-case-study-of-enugu-south-l-g-a>.
"The Problems And Prospects Of Teaching English Language In Secondary Schools (a Case Study Of Enugu South L.g.a).." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 04 2013. Web. 04 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/1407/the-problems-and-prospects-of-teaching-english-language-in-secondary-schools-a-case-study-of-enugu-south-l-g-a>.
"The Problems And Prospects Of Teaching English Language In Secondary Schools (a Case Study Of Enugu South L.g.a).." Afribary.com. 04, 2013. Accessed 04, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/1407/the-problems-and-prospects-of-teaching-english-language-in-secondary-schools-a-case-study-of-enugu-south-l-g-a.
- Related Works
- Identification Of Difficult Teaching And Learning Topics In Senior Secondary School Curricula In Nigeria A Case Study Of Ss3 Curricula Of Chemstry, Physics And English Language
- Nnpc Past Questions And Answers
- The Effects Of Qualification Of English Teachers On The Performance Of Secondary School Students In External Examinations (a Case Study Of Selected Schools In Nsukka Local Government Area)
- The Cause And Prevention Of Fraudulent Practices In Nigeria Commercial Bank (a Case Study Of Union Bank Nigeria Plc)
- Relative Academic Performances Of Secondary School Students In School Certificate Maths & English Language From 2004-2008 (a Case Study Of Eengu North L.g.a)
- Availability Of Qualified Teacher In Effective Teaching And Learning Of English Language In Junior Secondary School In Enugu Educational Zone, Enugu State
- Adoption Of International Financial Reporting Standards (ifrs) To Enhance Financial Reporting In Nigeria Universities
- Management Of Credit Facilities In Commercial Bank (a Case Study Of First Bank Plc Ugelli Main Branch Delta State)
- Effects Of Supervision On Commercial Bank Management (a Case Study Of Afribank Plc, Okpara Avenue Enugu)
- Impact Of Thrift Organization On Economic Well Being Of Individuals And Organization In Enugu State.