The objective of this research work was to find out the problems and prospects of teaching English Language in Secondary Schools in Enugu South Local Government Area of Enugu State. This research work as an investigation to find data for this study, a total of two hundred (200) respondents were selected from a population of one thousand people. After carrying out the research, the research found that the teaching and learning of English Language in Secondary Schools in Enugu South has a lot of problems which include:
(a)Lack of qualified English teachers in those schools.
(b)Lack of language laboratories in the schools
(c)Inadequate use of teaching materials and
(d)Lack of conducive environment for learning
(e)Lack of incentive and lack instructional material or teaching resources etc.
These entire problems affect the teaching and learning of English Language in Secondary Schools sin those schools in Enugu South.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research Questions
1.6 Scope of study
1.7 Limitation of study
1.8 Definition of terms
2.1 Theoretical Review
2.2 Problems of teaching English Language
2.3 Solution to the problem
2.4 General ways of improving the teaching and learning of the English Language in
2.5 The Public Concern
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Area of the study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample and sampling techniques
3.5 Research Instrument
3.6 Validation of the instrument
3.7 Method of Data Collection
3.8 Method of Data Analysis
4.1 Research Question One
4.2 Research Question Two
4.3 Research Question Three
4.4 Research Question Four
4.5 Discussion of Results
Discussion of Findings
5.1 Use of instructional resources/media
Disclaimer: Note this academic material is intended as a guide for your academic research work. Do not copy word for word. Note: For Computer or Programming related works, we DO NOT provide source codes
CITE THIS WORK
(2013, 04). The Problems And Prospects Of Teaching English Language In Secondary Schools (a Case Study Of Enugu South L.g.a).. Afribary.com. Retrieved 04, 2013, from https://afribary.com/read/1407/the-problems-and-prospects-of-teaching-english-language-in-secondary-schools-a-case-study-of-enugu-south-l-g-a
"The Problems And Prospects Of Teaching English Language In Secondary Schools (a Case Study Of Enugu South L.g.a)." Afribary.com. 04 2013. 2013. 04 2013 <https://afribary.com/read/1407/the-problems-and-prospects-of-teaching-english-language-in-secondary-schools-a-case-study-of-enugu-south-l-g-a>.
"The Problems And Prospects Of Teaching English Language In Secondary Schools (a Case Study Of Enugu South L.g.a).." Afribary.com. Afribary.com, 04 2013. Web. 04 2013. <https://afribary.com/read/1407/the-problems-and-prospects-of-teaching-english-language-in-secondary-schools-a-case-study-of-enugu-south-l-g-a>.
"The Problems And Prospects Of Teaching English Language In Secondary Schools (a Case Study Of Enugu South L.g.a).." Afribary.com. 04, 2013. Accessed 04, 2013. https://afribary.com/read/1407/the-problems-and-prospects-of-teaching-english-language-in-secondary-schools-a-case-study-of-enugu-south-l-g-a.
- Related Works
- Effects Of Supervision On Commercial Bank Management (a Case Study Of Afribank Plc, Okpara Avenue Enugu)
- Accounting System In Local Government
- Identification Of Difficult Teaching And Learning Topics In Senior Secondary School Curricula In Nigeria A Case Study Of Ss3 Curricula Of Chemstry, Physics And English Language
- The Impact Of Television Advertising On Marketing Of Soft Drinks In Enugu Metropolis. (a Case Study Of Fanta Bottled By Nbc)
- Critical Analysis Of The Performance Of National Economics Empowerment And Development Strategy (needs) On The Nigerian Economy (a Case Study Of Enugu State).
- The Impact Of Economic Meltdown On The Staff Of Enugu State College Of Education (technical), Enugu
- The Impact Of Entrepreneurial Development On The Economic Development Of A State (a Case Study Of Selected Firms In Enugu Urban)
- An Appraisal On The Impact Of Oil Industry On The Economic Development Of Nigeria (a Case Study Of Shell Petroleum Development Company Spdc)
- Marketing Concept As A Tool For Modern Day Banking In Nigeria
- Relative Academic Performances Of Secondary School Students In School Certificate Maths & English Language From 2004-2008 (a Case Study Of Eengu North L.g.a)