The aims and objectives of this work is to examine “The Effect of Materials Management Techniques on Production Planning Process with reference to United Nigeria Textile Plc (UNT Plc), Kaduna... Materials management is open to so many problems in industrial sector in Nigeria, especially when theory and practice are compared. Among the problems facing materials management in Nigeria, which is also peculiar to the company which the project is based on are: Multiplication of materials management principles, unprofessional/unskilled personnel, given the task of material manager. The writer looked at the opinions of different notable authors and academic writers on the topic that are related to the subject matter. It was deduced that those academic writers are of the same view as far as materials management is concerned. In this research study, I will attempt to look at the following points:
• The purpose of the study, historical background, statement of the problem, limitation and scope of the study, rational for the study.
• Literature review on materials management, production planning, materials control, purchasing, stock ordering and types of stock taking, benefit of stock taking.
• Methodology, research methods and approach used, justification for approach used.
• Presentation and analysis of data, and also test of hypothesis.
• Summary of finding, conclusion and recommendations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1.4 Statement of Hypothesis
1.5 Significance of the Study
1.6 Scope of the Study
1.7 Limitations of the Study
1.8 Historical Background of UNT PLC
1.9 Definitions of Terms
2.1 Definition of Materials Management
2.2 Production planning
2.3 Materials Control
2.4 Purchasing (Procurement)
2.4 Stock Ordering
2.5 Types of Stocktaking
2.6 Benefits of Stocktaking
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Research Population
3.3 Sample Size and Sample Technique
3.4 Methods of gathering Data
3.5 Justification of method used
3.6 Methods of Data Analysis
3.7 Justification of Instrument used
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
4.1 Data Presentation
4.2 Data Analysis
4.3 Test of Hypothesis
Summary Of Findings, Conclusion & Recommendation
5.1 Summary of Findings
Subscribe to access this work and thousands more