The Research was intended to find out the impact of Family type, size and Socio-economic status on the child's academic performance in Busega parish, Nateete zone Lubaga division. The major objectives of the study were:
i. Identifying major family types
ii. Examining how the family type, size and socio-economic status affect the child's academic performance.
iii. Determining the difference between family type, size, socioeconomic status and academic performance.
The data was collected using qualitative survey approach.
The data collected was analysed after breaking the sample into categories namely:
Family type, position in class, provision of food, requirements and payment of fees. The following results were obtained:
l . Most of the children in the study came from monogamous families.
2. Children from monogamous families were the best academic performers; followed by children from single-parent families. Those from
polygamous families performed worst.
3. Children from polygamous families don't get fees paid in time compared to those from monogamous and single-parent families. But those from single-parent families get their fees paid in time than those from monogamous families.
Further more children from polygamous families are not encouraged to read books at home which also contribute to poor academic performance at school.
The majority of children ( 68.7%) came from monogamous families. These were followed by 19 .7% of the children from polygamous families. Children from monogamous families get most of their requirements met by their parents and they are high achievers academically. Children from singleparent families tend to perform better than those from polygamous families.
The Researcher made the following recommendations:
1. Parents should make an effort of educating their children despite the problems hindering them.
2. Parents must provide enough food and other requirements to their children.
3. Parents should make effort of having only one wife or husband hence making it easy to educate the children.
4. Parents who cannot educate say three or more children should practice family planning.
5. Teachers should emphasize the importance of primary education to learners.
6. The government should come in and provide the necessary
requirements to all schools including private owned schools such that all children get equal opportunities to education.
8. In order to minimize the problem of poor academic performance, the government should thoroughly sensitize the public about the importance of education at primary level.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of contents Ill
l. l Background of the study 1.2 Statement of the problem 2 I
1.3 Purpose of the study 2 j
I 1.4 Study objectives 2
1.5 Significance of the study 3
1.6 Scope of the study 3 1.7 Definition of terms 3 !
CHAPTER TWO '
1.8 Literature review 4
1.9 Research questions 6
1.10 Introduction 7
1.11 Research design 7
1.12 Target population 7
1.13 Sample 7
1.14 Area of study 8
1.15 Instruments 8
1.16 Data analysis 8
1.17 Limitations of the study 8
Analysis and presentation of findings 9
5.1 Restatement of the problem 14
5.2 Summary 14
5.3 Findings 14
5.4 Conclusion 15
Research, S. (2022). The Impact Of Family Type, Size And Socioeconomic Status On The Child's Academic Performance In Busega Parish, Nateete Zone Lubaga Division. Afribary. Retrieved from https://afribary.com/works/the-impact-of-family-type-size-and-socioeconomic-status-on-the-child-s-academic-performance-in-busega-parish-nateete-zone-lubaga-division
Research, SSA "The Impact Of Family Type, Size And Socioeconomic Status On The Child's Academic Performance In Busega Parish, Nateete Zone Lubaga Division" Afribary. Afribary, 21 Aug. 2022, https://afribary.com/works/the-impact-of-family-type-size-and-socioeconomic-status-on-the-child-s-academic-performance-in-busega-parish-nateete-zone-lubaga-division. Accessed 30 Nov. 2022.
Research, SSA . "The Impact Of Family Type, Size And Socioeconomic Status On The Child's Academic Performance In Busega Parish, Nateete Zone Lubaga Division". Afribary, Afribary, 21 Aug. 2022. Web. 30 Nov. 2022. < https://afribary.com/works/the-impact-of-family-type-size-and-socioeconomic-status-on-the-child-s-academic-performance-in-busega-parish-nateete-zone-lubaga-division >.
Research, SSA . "The Impact Of Family Type, Size And Socioeconomic Status On The Child's Academic Performance In Busega Parish, Nateete Zone Lubaga Division" Afribary (2022). Accessed November 30, 2022. https://afribary.com/works/the-impact-of-family-type-size-and-socioeconomic-status-on-the-child-s-academic-performance-in-busega-parish-nateete-zone-lubaga-division