Location: Tzaneen, South Africa
Deadline: 31 August 2019
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Small Enterprise Foundation (SEF) is not-for-profit, pro-poor microfinance institution that works towards the eradication of poverty by creating a supportive environment where credit and savings services foster sustainable income generation, job creation and social empowerment. SEF currently supports more than 180 000 micro-entrepreneurs across South Africa with microcredit, savings facilitation and training.
ABOUT THE JOB:
SEF Graduate Program is a 12-month training and development program aimed at recent graduates with a commitment to the elimination of poverty and a passion for changing the world. During the Program successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience within the most famous South African Microfinance Organization (MFI) and an internationally recognized organization in the field of microfinance.
The aim of the program is to enable young graduates to cover key roles and assume responsibility in the future of SEF. Personal and interpersonal skills will develop hand in hand with business skills. While learning different tasks and covering diverse responsibilities within the organization, successful candidates will have the opportunity to relate with several positions within and outside the organization. Also, the Graduate Program will involve working both in the head office and in the rural areas where SEF operates. This experience will provide our graduates with a solid experience to ensure a flourishing career.
Successful candidates will be in a six-month rotational program which will give them the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience in all the departments of the organization. These include Operations, Administrations, Finance, Quality Assurance, Training, Human Resources, Research and Development, IT and Management Office.
During the second half of the Graduate Program, the successful candidates will be assigned to one of the department, based on their personal interests and the organization’s needs. This will assure relevant practical exposure to a specific department and allow the candidate to strengthen applicable and useful skills to cover future roles within the organization.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Economics, Bcom Honours, Statistics, Auditing, Human Resources and IT.
- Strong academic record-average of 65% throughout the course.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently.
- Advanced computer literacy-Microsoft Office Package.
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Self-confident and self-motivated.
- Proven leadership skills and self-starter.
- Applicant must be a South African citizen with a valid ID document.
- Non-South African citizen with a valid work permit and passport.
HOW TO APPLY: