|Applications open||1 May 2019|
|Applications close||31 August 2019|
|Payment per year||$27,596 (2019 rate)|
|Duration||up to 3 years|
|Type of Scholarship||Academic Financial Need Students with Disabilities|
|Available In||All Faculties|
|Available To||Future Commencing|
The University of Adelaide offers a number of Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships to outstanding international graduates from any country to commence their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research. Awards for international RTP recipients are prioritised for those undertaking research in areas of University research strength.
- Applicants must be international students who are acceptable to commence a Masters or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Successful recipients are required to apply and enrol in their intended program of study at The University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ to retain their scholarship.
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the application deadline.
- Applicants with a qualification in progress will not be eligible for consideration until the qualification has been satisfactorily completed (and acceptable evidence provided) or evidence of withdrawal has been provided.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian Honours degree. (In Australia an Honours degree is generally a one year qualification taken after an undergraduate degree and involves further study in a particular discipline area. In some areas, Honours is available as part of the final year of a four year undergraduate degree. It is recognised as a prestigious qualification that further develops research, writing and organisational skills. It also demonstrates an ability to undertake high-level study.
- Successful recipients must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered. It is not possible to defer the award.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
- If an applicant has previously been awarded an international higher degree by research scholarship by the University of Adelaide, and failed to successfully complete the corresponding academic program, that applicant will not be reconsidered for any future international higher degree by research scholarships.
- Research Training Program Fee Offset: Provides a fee offset scholarship which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for the standard duration of the academic program (Research Master: up to 2 years; Doctor of Philosophy: up to 4 years). Any gap between the RTP Fee Offset and the Tuition Fees charged is waived by The University of Adelaide for the standard duration of the academic program.
- Research Training Program Stipend: Provides a living allowance of AUD$27,596 (2019 rate, indexed annually) per annum for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6 month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy. It is likely to be tax exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
- Research Training Program Allowance: Provides financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy, plus relocation and publication expenses.
Further details of terms and/or benefits can be found in the Conditions of Award
Adelaide Graduate Centre Tel (08) 8313 5882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ must be submitted using the Online Application Form.
Only allocated to international applicants in the Major Round. Applications close 31 August 2019.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application in early November 2019.
- Recipients must commence their research program in semester 1, 2020 (between 1 January 2020 and 30 June 2020).
- Applicants are expected to commence studies as soon as possible in the approved semester.
- It is not possible to defer the award.