Job Number: 525764 |
Locations: Headquarters Locations: Hungary
Work Type : Internship
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
UNICEF’s Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary supports UNICEF operations globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is seeking an intern to support the Local Information Technology team in the Global Shared Services Centre in Budapest, Hungary. The intern will gain exposure to UNICEF information technology environment in a shared services environment. This role will offer the opportunity to understand IT equipment, technologies, and systems as well as participate in the design of some of the new systems and integration with existing systems and equipment.
The internship will also provide exposure within an international environment to learn about the role of information and telecommunication technology to help UNICEF fulfil its mission and to operate in a global IT environment.
This will involve:
- Work on ongoing IT infrastructure projects
- Contribute to the upgrade of UNICEF IT infrastructure
- Analyze some of the complex IT problems and identify technical solutions (Network Services)
- Understand and create Step by Step technical work instructions
- Monitor and Track progress on technical changes
- Document the work
- Provide overall support to the Local IT Team
As an advocate for every child, you will have…
• Current enrollment in a program at the Master’s level or recent graduate, preferably in Information Technology, Computer science, or other relevant technical area
• Fluency in English with strong reading, interpreting and writing skills is mandatory
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of general business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO.
• Ability to organize and manage information to achieve defined goals and optimum results.
• Demonstrates strong commitment and drive for results.
• Eligible applicants must be nationals of EU countries or be eligible to work in Hungary.
Contract Duration and Terms
Internship contract is for 4 months. The anticipated start date is October 2019.
This internship is paid with a stipend of approximately HUF 140,000 per month for full-time arrangements (40 hrs/week), which is is prorated according to attendance.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
All applications to UNICEF are required to be submitted through UNICEF’s online recruiting system. All applications should be in English.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Opening Date Mon Aug 19 2019 08:00:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time) Central Europe Daylight Time
Closing Date Mon Sep 02 2019 22:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time)