Job Number: 524162 |
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Thailand
Work Type : Internship
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hope
UNICEF works to ensure the rights of all children in the East Asia and Pacific Region. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival – to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development – to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection – from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
- participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them
How can you make a difference?
The Communication Section, UNICEF Thailand Country Office (TCO) is seeking a qualified individual to contribute to our team for a period between 3-6 months in 2019. We offer supervision, access to information, engaging working environment and the possibility to work FOR EVERY CHILD.
Under the supervision of the Communication Specialist (Digital media), and in cooperation with communications team colleagues, the intern will:
- Support the implementation of the digital and social media strategy including but not limited to developing content in various formats in English and Thai (text, visual, video-based).
- Possibility to visit the field to write stories and blogs, social media content, capture photos, and collect communication assets.
- Support supervisor in conducting research and social listening to develop audience insights for content and campaigns.
- Support supervisor in monitoring audience engagement and comments on social media, and community management.
- Support supervisor in conducting social media performance analysis to feed into the monthly analysis report.
- Support in editing communication assets created by internal or external counterparts.
- Work with the Communication Associate and Communication Specialist to support updating the photo/video archive (captioning, organizing visual assets).
- As needed- contribute to the development of public advocacy and fundraising communication materials.
- Support the external communication team with key events, launches, and campaigns.
- Other task may include: general assistance to the Communications section.
End Products: Blogs, social media posts, digital and social media visual and multimedia content such as infographics and mini-videos, brief social media trend analysis and audience insight reports, other general communication content and materials.
Duration of Assignment: 3-6 months in 2019 (Full-Time, Mon.-Fri.)
Official Travel: UNICEF Thailand CO, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Be enrolled or recent graduate of a Bachelor or Master’s Degree programme in a development or communication-related field, such as journalism, interactive telecommunications, international relations, political science, anthropology, sociology, public or business administration.
Applicants enrolled in an undergraduate school must have completed at least two years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institutions towards the completion of an undergraduate degree.
Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in using social media platforms and tools to communicate and engage with a variety of audiences.
- Experience in blogging is a plus.
- Past experience in marketing, journalism or public information/public relations work or internship is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic photography and video is a plus.
- Interest in social and development issues.
- Familiarity with child right principles is a plus.
- Familiarity with Thai language is an asset.
- Strong command of English, particularly in writing.
- Strong command of Thai language is an asset.
- Experience in utilizing and creating content for social media and digital platforms.
- Experience in video editing, simple video content production, or visual design an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and solid analytical skills.
- Strong commitment and passion for UNICEF’s mission.
- Flexibility and ability to work with a team.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
Conditions of Intern:
- Expenses: Stipend according to UNICEF’s guideline is applicable.
- Visa: Intern is responsible for obtaining the necessary entry visa and arranging their travel to Bangkok. UNICEF/EAPRO will assist only in issuing documents required in visa processing.
- Health/Medical insurance: UNICEF accepts no responsibility for costs or fatality arising from illness or accidents incurred during the internship whether on or off UNICEF premises. The intern must carry adequate and regular medical insurance. The intern will be required to provide with a proof of medical insurance prior to commence work.
- Confidentiality. The intern is required to respect the confidentiality of information that s/he collect or is exposed to at UNICEF. No reports or papers may be published based on information obtained from UNICEF without the explicit written authorization by the Head of Office or Division Director.
- Impartiality. The intern is required to respect the impartiality and independence required of UNICEF and will not seek or accept instructions regarding the services performed under the internship agreement from any Government or from any authority external to UNICEF.
- Employment Prospects. There is no expectance of employment at the end of the internship.
Provision of Supervising and Monitoring:
The intern will work under the supervision of Communication Specialist (Digital).
How to apply:
Interested individuals are requested to submit the following documents no later than 6 September 2019.
- Application letter
- A completed UN Personal History Form (P-11)
- Two letters of recommendation by the former employer and/or university
- A copy of transcript